Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Christmas Vacation, Installment 2

Our time in Kansas was well spent. While there, Christopher and I did many things. Most of these things included eating. We ate even when we weren't hungry, especially when the food included cheese. Needless to say, we gained some holiday weight, but I think it was a good thing as both of us had some pounds to gain after living in the African heat for 2 years. The following are the best things eaten while there:

1. El Charro - Mexican food and Mexican beer.

2. Uncle Stan's homemade cheesecake - I have no words.

3. Chipotle Burritos - I couldn't finish it, so Christopher did.

4. El Charro - Christopher might leave me for the Durango.

5. Ribs!!

6. Wendy's - When purchased from the drive thru after completing a 38 pt turn in a limo.

7. El Charro - We ate there a lot.

I got to attend a basketball game at Christopher's high school to see his sister cheer (great job, Lauren!!). Some of the other things we did were watch a lot of movies(as we are horribly out of the loop with pop culture), played with the family's dogs (I had forgotten how much I love having dogs around!), played lots of Cranium, and visited with Grandmas and friends.

Now, one of the most important things accomplished while in Kansas was learning how to play the game Rock Band. Christopher and I were completely unaware of this game's existence and I think we both agree we are now better people for having learned of it. Over the course of the week this game was endless entertainment!!

On Christmas day, Christopher and his brothers decided to shoot rockets in the front yard (the picture posted above). I mean, what else to you do on Christmas in America, right? Overall, Christmas in Kansas was a fantastic vacation! It was hard to leave! Thanks for everything!

No comments: